Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Romeo's Wish Raffle Draw Takes Place Today!

~ Romeo ~

Thank you to EVERYONE who helped Linda in her quest to make a difference to the Shelter from which first Romeo, then both Coco and Milo were adopted. I am delighted to be able to share with you that Romeo's Wish has raised...

11,800.00ZAR = 1,749.18USD

The draw will be taking place at 11h00 today at the Bellville branch of the Animal Anti-cruelty League and the lucky winners of all of the exciting, donated prizes will be announced at 15h00. Linda has asked Helen to do the draw which will be done in the presence of all of the staff on duty today and anyone else who is able to attend as per Linda's open invitation to all interested parties.


The money raised (R6,800 from the sale of raffle tickets, plus two generous donations totalling R4,000) will be used to buy loads of warm blankets, food and medical supplies, as these are the most critical needs at this time. Please visit Linda's blog at the link below to read up further on these developments. She will be posting photographs of the draw and the purchases made, once these have been done.

http://thesquashedtomato.blogspot.com


This is the 'high note' of today's blog post! 

...unfortunately, there is also a 'low note'!

May I PLEASE request  that you log on to Di Doodles About Stuff and read the letter she has published. It was edited by the Manager of a Shelter and should make compulsory reading for anyone who loves animals and is genuinely concerned about their long term welfare.

http://didoodles.blogspot.com/2011/05/why-adopt.html?

14 comments:

  1. Linda has done an amazing job.
    I think the outcome of the raffle is amazing.
    I am sure the money will be used well and enjoyed by the furry kids at the league.

    Thanks so much for once again re posting for me. It is something that people do need to know about. As hard as it is to read.
    I sat with a box of tissues, and got through it realising how vital it is to circulate things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wishes and the card! They were very lovely. I'm sorry I didn't say anything, but I didn't want anyone to have time to worry or bother about it.

    I'm glad the raffle raised so much money, it will definitely come in handy for the dogs.

    Also, the shelter story is very sad... Our stray dogs are doing better than that and I hope the new law won't be passed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dog is so adorable. I'm sorry that I don't know the whole story behind this post as I'm a new follower. I'm so happy when people come together for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of animals will be helped with that kind of money. Awesome.
    Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to you and Linda for raising so much for the shelter, Romeo would be proud of you. The letter has a good message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to commemorate a beautiful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowww that is great news!!...a lot of money !!...lovely day darling....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll go check it out. So glad it went well! I'm sure Linda is excited about the results! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the success of your raffle. You all truly have great hearts and I am sure Romeo is somewhere, wagging his tail in agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Desiree - that was a fantastic amount of money that was raised for such a good cause. I'm thrilled to bits for Linda. I'm sure the money will do a lot of good. Another beautiful photo of Romeo - so sad! Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, your interest is hugely appreciated! Linda has posted the list of raffle winners (click the link on her blog) as well as an account of today's proceedings, which I'm sure you'll find interesting.

    Thank you so much for your support throughout this time. It has meant a great deal to us all!

    Hugs,
    Des xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Believe me we got our little 8yr old fannies busted and good! We all laugh about it now though thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent job. It's so good that you have made a difference!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!